Feed Communities’ Internships:
Feed Communities is proud to host a variety of internship opportunities year round. We have hosted students with a range of backgrounds and interests including: agriculture, gardening, social work, marketing, sociology, and sustainability.
We are currently taking applications for Spring 2018 Internship opportunities.
For inquiries and to apply, please send resumes to Ken Patterson
Feed Communities’ Career Opportunities:
Our growing nonprofit organization is hiring a Development Director. The right person for this role will be an experienced fundraiser and communicator, as well as passionate about food justice, sustainability, and serving Northwest Arkansas.
The Feed Communities Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising plan for the organization and has primary responsibility for managing relationships with our corporate sponsors and prospects, funding partners, donors, and the media. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a proven track record of three to five years of fundraising success are required. Knowledge of the economic and cultural landscape of Northwest Arkansas is a plus.
Job responsibilities also include:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, developing an annual fundraising plan, budget, and goals using various strategies to meet those goals including an annual fund, grants, events, corporate sponsorship, major gifts, and planned gifts or bequests.
- Developing marketing collateral, communication pieces, fundraising communications, and media notifications. This includes overseeing all social media and digital marketing strategies.
- Researching grant and funding opportunities and work with Executive Director to determine grant writing and funding proposal priorities and duties.
- Managing the Development Committee and engage and equip board members/volunteers in planning and executing special event and other fundraising activities.
- Preparing and presenting fundraising reports for the Executive Director and Board using donor database.
- Soliciting and stewarding corporate sponsorships, civic club donations, and other areas of support to meet fundraising goals.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, planning and executing all marketing and public relations activities related to Feed Communities and special event fundraising activities. Soliciting and stewarding annual media sponsorships.
- Maintaining regular communications and providing fundraising updates to Executive Director and Development Committee.
- Participating in continuing education opportunities including fundraising seminars, educational workshops and other conferences to implement best practices in fundraising within the organization and community.
- Maintaining an active membership in various civic and professional groups such as Rotary and Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Performing all duties with the highest level of confidentiality with respect to donor records, giving history, and personal information.
- Abiding by the Association for Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights as well as the AFP Code of Ethical Standards for fundraising professionals.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email by attachment a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.